When students are starting at Brookfield Music, a big decision they have to make is which instrument they want to learn.
We teach a variety of instruments, with each one offering a unique sound and letting you play different kinds of music.
Something to consider is that your instrument of choice should reflect your favourite types of music, so if you love to jam out to some 90s rock, you might consider guitar, whereas if you are more a fan of classical and baroque, the piano or violin might be more up your alley.
Some of the benefits of different instruments are:
- It’s a versatile instrument that can be used in many different styles of music
- Playing guitar can be a creative outlet and a way to express oneself
- It is a very portable instrument
- Learning guitar can help with hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills
- You can play hundreds of songs knowing only 3 chords
- It’s a widely recognised and versatile instrument
- Playing piano can improve hand-eye coordination, concentration, and memory
- It can be a source of stress relief and relaxation
- It can be played solo or in a group setting.
Learning a woodwind instrument, like:
Flute, clarinet and saxophone
- Playing a woodwind instrument can improve breath control and lung capacity
- It can be a fun and engaging hobby that can lead to social opportunities like playing in a band
- It can be a great outlet for creative expression.
Some instruments are louder than others, like the saxophone, but making some noise is the fun of it!
- Singing is a fun and enjoyable hobby, and everyone has the ability to sing
- It is a great way to express yourself creatively and emotionally, and to help find your voice and gain confidence
- Singing can improve breathing and posture, and can be a good form of exercise
- Singing can be a social activity and lead to opportunities to perform with others, whether that is singing in a choir or belting out your favourite tunes at karaoke night!
For more information on which instrument might be right for you or your child, get in touch with Brookfield Music today!